Yes, there is such a thing as antimicrobial vinyl. Might sound too good to be true, but this flooring material exists and it can be easily installed in your home or business for a healthier environment. Here is how luxury vinyl plank (LVP) with antimicrobial protection works.
How Antimicrobial Flooring Gets the Job Done
The unique characteristics of luxury vinyl plank with antimicrobial properties:
- Liquids pool on the surface.
- The backing of the vinyl does not absorb liquid.
- Spills are easily wiped up rather than stretching across the floor.
- There are no hidden moisture problems under the LVP.
An antimicrobial coating is painted on the flooring of choice or is already included as an additive to new flooring material in the manufacturing process. Either way, contaminates are limited because of the following factors:
- Prevents or inhibits the growth of mold, bacteria, or fungi.
- Minimizes the chances of stains, odors, and other unsightly problems.
- Powerful germ prevention.
- Prevents unwanted properties from getting under the surface of the flooring.
Properties of Antimicrobial Vinyl
Water resistant and stain resistant features automatically deliver antimicrobial protection, but this antimicrobial vinyl also offers:
- Incredible durability
- Water resistant
- Stain resistant
- Long lasting materials
- Easy to clean
- Zero- to low-VOC emissions
Installation is simple and efficient, which means your home and obligations are not negatively impacted by the delivery and installation of your new antimicrobial flooring. The LVP is safe for humans and pets (plus there are pet owner perks in the form of extra guards against pet accidents, scratches, and stains).
The Aesthetics of LVP for Your Home
Whatever style and composition of LVP with antimicrobial properties that you select, it can be tweaked to work within your lifestyle, aesthetics, and budget, so you get the best results from your investment and love the look of your space.
Even child foot traffic, teen stomping, adult tread, and animal slides can’t make a dent in the quality and strength of LVP, plus the bags, boxes, and spills that hit the floor regularly do not leave their marks behind.
Cleaning LVP with Antimicrobial Protection
Antimicrobial vinyl is strong and resists most problems, but it still needs to be cleaned with sweeping and mopping. You can rest easy though knowing that if you skip a week tending to your floors, they’re working hard naturally to keep your space healthy thanks to antimicrobial protection.
- Promote a healthy environment safe for allergy-prone individuals.
- Deliver better air quality.
- Prevent the floor’s absorption of odors.
- Combat the growth of mold and bacteria.
- Deter stains from pets, food, and more.
Get Luxury Vinyl Plank in Michigan
Learn more about antimicrobial protection for your luxury vinyl plank from the World of Floors in Michigan. This durable, long-lasting flooring option is ideal for homeowners and business owners. Contact Michigan’s leading floor specialists to learn about styles and next-day installation.