When a house is home to pets and humans, the floors inevitably take a beating. They endure shoes, paws, moisture, dropped items, and all sorts of shenanigans. But if you have scratch resistant vinyl plank flooring from World of Floors, Detroit’s leading floor specialist, everything that’s underfoot can stand up to all the chaos.
What Makes Vinyl Plank Scratch Resistant?
Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) flooring is one of the most durable floor coverings available and its composition is made of several structural layers:
- The backing layer protects the subfloor and prevents wear and tear from affecting it.
- The thick wear layer on top protects the floor from scratches and scuffs of all kinds.
- The core can include super-strong vinyl composites, foam, cork, and resins.
- The design layer is the image layer that lets the product mimic hardwood, stone, tile, or brick.
Benefits of LVP Flooring
LVP is an incredible reproduction of flooring with depth, dimension, and texture with colors and grains that look realistic. Whether you want a matte or high gloss finish, a weathered or distressed look, the pattern you choose for your home can have the color and characteristics that suit every aesthetic, from beachy to retro, mid-century modern to contemporary.
Functional, durable, and attractive, scratch resistant waterproof flooring is easy on the budget and the eyes. This kind of flooring practically takes care of itself, a plus in any busy household. Here are just some of the other benefits of LVP flooring:
- Durable: Vinyl flooring has an incredibly strong top layer of scratch resistant waterproof plank and resists all other abrasions and damage.
- Waterproof: Waterproof plank flooring is strategically designed to allow liquids to pool on its surface, so mess doesn’t get absorbed, stays at the top so it does not seep, and is easily wiped.
- Pet-friendly: It takes concentrated effort to scratch, damage, or stain vinyl flooring, and even if you have the most rambunctious pet, he won’t be able to make a dent in your LVP.
- Affordable: LVP flooring looks just like authentic hardwood, stone, or tile, but it is available at a fraction of the price of the real deal and has far better longevity.
- Low maintenance: Vinyl flooring doesn’t need any special upkeep beyond regular sweeping and periodic mopping.
Finding the Right Scratch Resistant Flooring for Your Home
Whether you are renovating your existing home or building a new home, you want to select durable, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing flooring, especially in your busiest areas with the most foot traffic. Vinyl flooring checks all these boxes, which makes it a popular option for many homeowners.
- Versatile: Vinyl plank is an excellent choice in both kitchens and bathrooms. Thanks to the waterproof nature of the material, the flooring cannot be damaged by spills. In general, LVP is easy to clean and great for common areas, especially in a household full of children or pets.
- Attractive: Whatever color or look you’re envisioning for the flooring in your home, there are dozens of realistic looking LVP options that come in multiple colors, as well as thicknesses and lengths of the boards. If you want dramatic or muted, soft or sharp, you can have it.
- Comfortable: Vinyl planks have a softer surface than regular wood planks and maintain room temperature, making them more enjoyable to walk or stand on. The planks also have a special backing that helps reduce noise and makes the floor feel warmer.
Is Waterproof Plank Flooring Right for Your Home?
Installation of scratch resistant waterproof vinyl plank flooring is fast and uncomplicated. If you’re considering a new floor for your home, start with vinyl plank flooring for the most versatile and durable product on the market. Contact World of Floors today for a consultation and recommendations about what you’re considering for your home.