Any pet owner will tell you that one of the hardest parts of their home to maintain thanks to Fluffy or Fido is their flooring. There is no predicting animal behavior and, no matter how well-trained they are, accidents happen. Where they happen make all the difference in the difficulty of clean-up and the stains or odors that are left behind.
Waterproof Plank Flooring
When your household is home to a pet, or several pets, having 100% waterproof plank flooring is your safest choice for so many reasons:
- Ideal for all areas of the home, from common areas to kitchen
- Looks natural
- Noise-reducing backing
- Special backing makes the floor feel warmer
Cost-effective and beautiful, waterproof plank flooring adds comfort and livability to any home, helping pets feel at ease and comfortable no matter where they choose to flop down. Plus, they’re easy to clean, a must for any home with a pet, whether they have an accident or come inside with muddy feet.
Waterproof Tile Flooring
If you’re interested in covering your floors with tile rather than hardwood, 100% waterproof tile flooring is the way to go – and you’ll be happy you made this choice for your pets.
- Holds up to serious pet traffic (and people traffic)
- Adds a realistic tile look
- Luxurious, high-qualify flooring with gorgeous texture
- Works in nearly any room of the house
More Flooring Considerations for Pet Owners
You want your floors to look good, now and 10 years from now. Your pet isn’t invested in the beauty of your home but they want to be comfortable, and you want your special furry friends to feel good in your home too. If you are replacing carpet with hardwood or upgrading your hardwood, here are some of the most important considerations to keep in mind:
- Go for texture: When you choose textured flooring, it not only adds a distinct feature to your home, it is a great way to keep paws from slipping on your shiny floors. A little bit of traction never hurt anyone, especially your four-legged friends.
- Prevent moisture damage: The biggest priority when selecting something new for underfoot is to choose water-resistant flooring. Whether your pet knocks over their water bowl, has an accident, or pulls a cup off the counter, easy cleanup and maintenance are musts to avoid moisture damage.
- Manage the zoomies: Anyone who has a dog or cat in their home knows that energy bursts occur regularly, and even older pets have been known to speed around from time to time. Select flooring that protects against scratches from pet nails as they dig in, spin around, and do their thing.
Maintaining Floors in a Pet-Friendly House
Your pets are members of your family, and you accept for all their flaws, even if they’re not so good at finding the litter box every time. When you have the right kind of flooring , you can manage spills and accidents easily and cleaning is a breeze.
Get advice about what kind of flooring will be best in your home from World of Floors, Michigan’s leading floor specialist. Contact us today to schedule a free in-home estimate.